Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria as set out in the admission arrangements for 2021-22 (and below), will be applied. Parents are advised to read the Admissions Policy carefully before making their application.
Current Oversubscription Criteria
At any time where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority:
1. Looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
2. Catholic children who attend a feeder Catholic primary school, namely Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School, St Bernard’s RC Primary School, St Mary of the Angels Primary School and St Saviour’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School (see notes 3&4)
3. Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
4. Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 5&6)
5. Non-Catholic children who attend the feeder Catholic primary schools namely Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School, St Bernard’s RC Primary School, St Mary of the Angels Primary School and St Saviour’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School.
6. Any other children.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order.
i. The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above. (note 7).
ii. The children of staff will be given increased priority within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (note 8).
If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the Admissions Policy for more details.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions, please contact the Headteacher’s PA. You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority, Cheshire West and Chester.